Every month, we publish in situ water use information in our Thermal In Situ (TIS) Water Publication. The interactive dashboard allows users to filter, analyze, and download data, including
- maximum annual water disposal limits and actual water disposal;
- produced water recycled (%) and water-to-steam injection ratios;
- water productivity ratios (fresh water, brackish water, and disposal water to bitumen ratios);
- make-up water use (%) (fresh and brackish); and
- volumetric data (fresh water, brackish water, produced water, total disposal, total steam injection, and bitumen production).
We publish this data to help companies meet the requirements of Directive 081: Water Disposal Limits and Reporting Requirements for Thermal In Situ Oil Sands Schemes.
Download the Publication
Our TIS Water Publication is supported by Tableau software.
TIS Water Publication [Tableau and MDB file formats, zipped] (updated: August 8, 2018)
If you encounter problems opening this publication, please ensure that you are using the latest version of Tableau Reader. To download the latest version, visit the Tableau website or contact your service provider.
Find More Information
We publish industry activity lists, data, reports, and other information on a regular basis. Find more information on our Activity and Data page.
Find out how energy companies in Alberta use water by reading our annual Water Use Performance Report.