If a company fails to meet our strict requirements, we will apply one of our many compliance and enforcement tools. In some cases, we might issue an order. When a company receives an order, it must fix or correct its noncompliance by a certain date.
Compliance orders are designed to prevent, stop, or mitigate environmental impacts or risks to public safety. Compliance orders can be both remedial and punitive:
- Remedial orders are designed to prevent, stop, or mitigate adverse environmental impacts or risks to public safety or responsible resource development.
- Punitive orders are designed to penalize those found to be noncompliant with AER rules and requirements.
Follow Our Updates
Orders and amendments to orders can be found on our Compliance Dashboard, listed under the compliance and enforcement tab. Information related to incidents, investigations, compliance activities, and enforcement actions are also on the dashboard.
The following historical files include enforcement orders and environmental protection orders that were previously administered by Alberta Environment and Parks.
Locke Stock & Barrel Co. Ltd.- Municipal District of Foothills No. 31
- Environment Protection Order – EPO-2014-03-SSR - March 27, 2014
Coal Valley Resources - Yellowhead County
- Enforcement Order EO-2014/02-UAR - Cancellation Letter - January 25, 2017
- Enforcement Order Amendment 4 – EO-2014/02-UAR - August 29, 2014
- kết quả bóng đá Enforcement Order Amendment 3 – EO-2014/02-UAR - June 19, 2014
- Enforcement Order Amendment 2 – EO-2014/02-UAR - March 26, 2014
- Enforcement Order Amendment 1 – EO-2014/02-UAR - March 21, 2014
- Enforcement Order – EO-2014/02-UAR - March 14, 2014
Coal Valley Resources Inc. and Sherritt International Corporation - Obed Mountain Mine
- Environmental Protection Order Amendment 2 – EPO-2013/34-CR - June 30, 2015
- Environmental Protection Order Amendment 1 – EPO-2013/34-CR - November 28, 2014
- Environmental Protection Order – EPO-2013/34-CR - November 19, 2013
Canadian Natural Resources Limited – Cold Lake Weapons Range
- Enforcement Order – EO-2013/05-NR - October 21, 2013
- Environmental Protection Order – EPO-2013-33/NR - September 24, 2013
Learn more about other orders that we issue to ensure that companies comply with our rules.